Aquila Polonica specializes in publishing the Polish World War II experience, with books, films, photographs, artwork, etc. We are always interested in learning about new material that fits within the parameters of our publishing program.
QUERY FIRST. Please do not submit any material unless you have first queried us and we have indicated that you should send us the material for consideration. In your query, briefly describe your manuscript and your background (and the author’s background, if you are not the author). You can query by email, phone or mail, but email is preferred. Contact info here...
RESPECT COPYRIGHTS. We respect authors’ copyrights to the best of our knowledge and ability, so please do not submit any manuscript or other material unless you own or control the copyright. If you are not the author, you must be able to provide written evidence of your ownership or control.
Questions regarding copyright ownership can frequently arise when dealing with older material where the author may be deceased, or the author or his successors cannot be located; with translations (legally, rights must first be obtained from the original author, as well as the translator); and with photographs or other illustrations included in a work.
MANUSCRIPT FORMAT GUIDELINES. Please follow these basic format guidelines for your manuscript:
1) First Page – title; author’s name, address, phone and email (and that same info for you, if you are not the author, as well as any translator); copyright notice in name of copyright owner.
2) Font – Times New Roman, 12
3) Margins -- minimum 1 inch all around
4) Paragraph Spacing – 1.5 paragraph spacing. Do NOT skip spaces between paragraphs. Start each paragraph by tabbing 0.5"
5) Number the pages -- consecutively at top or bottom right corner. This is very important!
6) Running Head -- at top right corner, your name and the title of the book
7) Left justify
8) Chapters – start each chapter on a new page, with chapter number and title at about 1/3 of the way down the page. It’s helpful, though not necessary, to include the chapter number and title in the top running head under your name and the title of the book
9) Table of Contents – very helpful,particularly for nonfiction works
FORMAT FOR SUBMISSION. If we respond in the affirmative to your query, we usually first request that you send us the table of contents and first 50 pages of the manuscript. You may send this via email (preferred), or CD as a Microsoft Word doc. Or you may mail us a hard copy (will not be returned unless you also include an appropriate self-addressed, stamped envelope).
TIMING. We are a small company, and it may take us a while to respond to your manuscript submission as we read every submission ourselves. We appreciate your patience. If there is a specific need for a response within a certain time period, please let us know in advance.